February 2017 - present
Software Engineer (iOS Developer)
Tieto / Szczytnicka 11, 50-382 Wrocław
I worked as a full stack iOS developer on three projects so far. In two of them application was responsible for connecting to an external device, setting and managing the device. The third application is highly related to maps and navigation handling.
Map based application
As an only developer responsible for the iOS application, I'm creating an SDK in Objective-C and an application in Swift. Both the SDK and the application are used to report, receive and act on different incidents on the road such as accidents, traffic jams and obstacles.
React Native module
Application for a hybrid watch (Kronaby)
Responsible for a design and development of an iOS application allowing bidirectional BLE communication. Development in Swift for both back-end and front-end solutions. Application is used to configure a hybrid watch and seemlessly cooperate with it. It uses a lot of custom UI elements and is optimized for low battery and memory usage.
Host application for wireless speakers
Writing in both Objective-C and Swift. Core of the application is highly dependend on custom protocols using BLE and Wi-Fi allowing to configure and connect multiple speakers into one personalized system.
March 2014 - January 2017
Quality Assurance Engineer
Opera Software International AS / Plac Teatralny 8, 50-051 Wrocław
Since the very beginning I was in a team which created web browsers for iOS. Currently Opera has two web browsers for iOS. At the beginning I was a part of Opera Coast team. Later I was working on Opera for iOS.
Though my job title was "Quality Assurance Engineer" I also had responsibilities as an iOS developer, so I did some programming in Swift, Objective-C too. Of course a vast majority of my daily tasks were still related to writing automation tests in Swift, Python and Objective-C as well as other forms of testing.
Thanks to that I have very long experience strictly related to iOS development and very good knowledge of Swift.
My main responsibilites were:
- Writing automation tests using Swift and Python as a part of Continuous Integration system.
- Implementing new features for Opera for iOS in Swift.
- Continuous Integration and manual tests planning, preparing and management.
- Writing and executing test cases both automated and manual.
- Integration, regresson, functional and system testing.
- Checking crash report systems and feedbacks from our customers to find new issues, regressions and change requests.
- Cooperation with developers and QAs from different countries.
July 2012 - February 2014
Volvo IT / Mydlana 2, 51-502 Wrocław
I was working in a project which consists of multiple desktop applications, servers and internet platform to put embedded systems into trucks and buses. Those applications are also used to manage stations and servers in factories. All parts of the system are designed and created only for Windows.
I was responsible for:
- Writing automation scripts to test all components of the infrastructure.
- Preparing, creating and executing test cases both manual and automated.
- Integration, regression, functional and system testing.
- Work in SCRUM and Kanban methodologies.
- Cooperation with developers and analysts from different countries.
September 2013 - June 2015
Master of Engineering in Computer Science1
Wrocław University of Science and Technology / Faculty of Computer Science and Management
October 2009 - February 2013
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
University of Wrocław / Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Skills and Competences
Currently I'm focused on Swift and platforms directly related with it, but I've been working on different projects with different technologies in the past. Below you can see which technologies I've been working and I have at least basic experience with.
|Languages||Polish (native), English (fluent), German (basics)|
|Programming Languages||Swift, Python, Objective-C, C/C++, C++ Script, C# Script, Prolog|
|Database Systems||Oracle, MySQL, PostreSQL|
|Operating Systems||macOS, Windows, Linux|
|Tools||Xcode, Git, JIRA, Bitbucket, Xcode Server, PyCharm, Fabric, Stash, Confluence, TestComplete, HP Quality Center, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server|
|Courses||Cisco CCNA 1 - Network Fundamentals|
Except projects I've been working on at work, I've been a part of some bigger projects during my college years and in my private time. Some of them are:
- Restaurant Finder (Ruby on Rails)
- TV Shows Manager (C++ and QT Library, Ruby)
- Tournament Manager (C#)
... and lots and lots of other smaller projects.
- Books (usually non-fiction ones).
- Motorcycles. I ride Yamaha FZ6 (2007).
- Playing the guitar. First song I learned was Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.
- Hiking. Every sunny weekend outside the city, without a technology is very relaxing to me.
- Blockbusters and TV Shows. I like unconventional films a lot. Yet sometimes I like to watch unengaging, full of CGI movies too.